Prescriptions are available from this practice.
You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines, Category V, (POM-Vs) from your veterinary surgeon OR ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon OR a pharmacy.
Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only for animals under their care.
A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or immediate treatment is necessary.
You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be dispensed for your animal.
The general policy of this practice is to re-assess an animal requiring a repeat prescription at least every 6 months, but this may vary with individual circumstances. The standard charge for re-examination is £32.54.
The current prices for the ten POM-Vs most commonly prescribed or supplied during 01/11/13 31/01/14 (a typical 3 month period) were:
- Cartrophen injection (typical 10kg animal, per injection) £18.13
- Convenia injection (typical 4kg cat, per injection) £27.21
- Advocate large cat 6 pack £49.45
- Vetergesic injection (typical 10kg animal, per injection) £9.42
- Vidalta Tablets (100) 15mg £99.92
- Milbemax Dog £8.51
- Vidalta Tablets (100) 10mg £74.95
- Metacam Injectable 4kg cat £16
- Advocate Large cat 3 pack £27.66
- Cerenia Injection 10 kg £22.06
Further information on the prices of medicines is available on request.